Create book manage tools on wiki:ebook
Before using this plugin, you need to create a page with the bookmanager. Therefore you place the syntax
~~BOOK~~ in the wiki page
wiki:ebook (in the configuration manager you can change this location).
In the bookmanager can show and manage your list of selected pages
- Reset current selection
- Exclude/include a page from selection (up to about 80 pages1))
- View the excluded pages and “include” them back
- Drag and drop to change exporting order of page and remove/add page to the selection.
- Set a title for the PDF document
- Create the PDF book on selected pages
- Create a printable version of selected pages
- Extract only text of selected pages
- Save and restore selections on a specific namespace (use ACL's rights)
Put at the
wiki:ebook the syntax:
Initiate a book
Use the Add/Remove to book link or button in your template to point a first page you like to add to a pdf book. The image on the left handside is the link as added automatically to the 'dokuwiki' template, see installation instruction below for other templates.
After selecting the first page, a toolbar appears on every page that let you add or remove additional pages. This toolbar refers also to the book manage tool.
The book manage tool that you created above (default on
~~BOOK~~ let you reorder and exclude pages to your selection. Everybody who has access to the book manage tool can export selections to pdf, or show a print version. When you have enough (at least the “change”) ACL permissions in the namespace where the selections are saved, you can also save and select these selections.
Show saved selections
Below the bookmanager is a listed displayed with saved selections. You can also display with
~~ARCHIVEBOOK:number&sort~~ such a list of saved selections (books) anywhere into your wiki.
- Available action: Load a saved selection into the bookmanager again
- Optionally you can specify the number of selections to display and the order:
date– Sort by saving date of selection
title– Sort by Title of the selection
- a number limits the number of displayed selections
Default is 10 items ordered by date (last updated are sorted first). Each entry links also to the wiki page where their selection is saved. Per page only one list of saved selections is displayed.
The user can only see selections when he has at least read access for the namespace
wiki:ebook: (location configurable via config manager) or the pages in this namespace. Permissions for this namespace and the pages can be set as usual via the ACL manager.
Other templates will probably not be supported that good yet. Please request at the issue tracker.
Changing the order of wiki pages
To change the order of wiki pages in your book, simply move the pages in the list. To do so, hover over the page title to move, click and drag it to the new location. Release the mouse button to finish moving the page to its new location.
Format of stored book pages: when you save a book, it is stored in the format shown below.
====== MyBookName ====== * [[:first_pages]] * [[:second_page]] * [[:namespace:third_page]] * ..... * [[:last_page]]
You can also manually create a book from scratch by using the same format.
- Take care of prefixing of links by
- To create a book from scratch, start a new page such as wiki:ebook:mybookname (default). The namespace can be changed at admin side configuration.
Available configuration options.
|toolbar||Show toolbar: Never, when selection is not empty or always|
|book_page||Wiki page where show your book manager. Put here the
|help_page||Wiki page with info and instructions|
|save_namespace||Namespace where the book manager will save selections.|
|skip_ids||Don't show tools if pageid contains one of these ids.|
Bug reports and feature requests
Please refer to the issue tracker for reporting issues.